Skip to main content

MTN to Sell 30% of its Nigerian Company proposes $500b IPO on NSE


The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Wednesday confirmed that MTN Group had finally commenced discussions with the commission on its proposed 500 million dollars Initial Public Offering (IPO).
A senior management staff of SEC who pleaded anonymity told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that MTN had commenced discussion with the commission on the IPO.

The source told NAN that although talks were ongoing, the company was yet to formally file its application for the IPO.
He said the commission was committed to investors’ protection, and that their interest would be protected in the ongoing discussion.

The source said SEC would remain committed to the development of the nation’s capital market and listing of more multinationals.

Another source at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), who declined to be mentioned, also told NAN that the NSE had not yet received an official filing from the company.

There were reports recently that MTN Group Ltd. was perfecting plans to raise about 500 million dollars from the sale of shares in its Nigerian business in the first half of 2018.

Standard Bank Group Ltd. and Citigroup Inc. had been advising MTN on the disposal of as much as 30 per cent of its Nigerian unit on the NSE.
MTN had agreed to list the Nigerian unit as part of June 2016 agreement to pay one billion dollars fine for missing a deadline to disconnect unregistered subscribers amid a security crackdown.

NAN reports that MTN recently appointed a Nigerian investment firm, Chapel Hill Denham, as lead manager for the planned sale of 500 million dollars shares in its Nigerian business during the first half of this year.
It also appointed South Africa’s Rand Merchant Bank, Renaissance Capital and Vetiva Capital as joint issuers to the offer.

The telecoms firm also appointed seven placement agents that would help market the shares. NAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOP 7 Richest People in the World 2018

7. AMANCIO ORTEGA Richest People - Amancio Ortega Net Worth: $70.5 Billion Amancio Ortega is a Spanish entrepreneur and founder of the Inditex fashion group. Inditex owns Zara, and Zara is one of the most popular clothing chains worldwide. Ortega recently dropped down to the 7th richest man in the world, after other players on the list have been making some serious moves. He’s also lost over $11 billion from his net worth in recent months. 6. CARLOS SLIM HELU Richest People - Carlos Slim Helu Net Worth: $70.5 Billion Carlos Slim Helu is a Mexican businessman and investor; owner of the conglomerate ‘Grupo Carso’. The conglomerate’s portfolio consists of brands in many different industries, such as health care, media, energy, real estate and retail. Carlos is 6th on this list of the richest people in the world, with a net worth of $70.5 billion. In recent months, Carlos Slim has lost almost $6 billion from his net worth, and dropped from 4th to 6th. 5...

Mohamed Salah wins African best footballer of the year BBC award 2017

Following a record number of votes, the Liverpool star won ahead of Gabon's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Guinean Naby Keita, Sadio Mane of Senegal and Nigeria's Victor Moses. "I am very happy to win this award," the 25-year-old told BBC Sport. "It's always a special feeling when you win something. I feel like I had a great year, so I'm very happy." Salah, the Premier League's top scorer with 13 goals, has enjoyed a stellar year for both club and country. In early 2017, the forward was the central figure for Egypt as they finished runners-up at the Africa Cup of Nations. He also had a hand in all seven of the goals that took the Pharaohs to their first World Cup since 1990 - assisting two and scoring five, including the  stoppage-time penalty against Congo  that qualified them for Russia. "I want to be the best Egyptian ever so I work hard," added Salah, who is the third player from Egypt to win the award and first since 2...

Arsenal Signs Biggest sleeve deal in Premier league History

Arsenal confirm they have agreed a three-year deal with ‘Visit Rwanda’, which will see the Rwanda Development Board become their first official sleeve partner. The ‘Visit Rwanda’ logo will be featured on the left sleeve of all the Arsenal sides next season. Goal say the deal is the biggest in Premier League history and will finally see the Gunners match their rivals on the commercial front. Arsenal have signed a £10 million per year deal which surpasses Chelsea’s £6m per year partnership with Hyundai and Manchester City’s deal with Nexen Tire. Players from Arsenal Women and Men will visit the country, while club coaches will host development camps for Rwandan children. The move should further boost tourism in the country, with Rwanda having already doubled their number of visitors in the last 10 years. They have rapidly grown their economy in Africa and are now in a position to sign a lucrative sponsorship...

MY PRIORITY IS FOR PDP TO RETURN TO POWER 2019–JONATHAN

Former president of Nigeria Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has said  His priority is to make sure the People's Democratic party returns to the presidency in 2019.He said his focus now is to take the PDP to its former position. The former Nigerian leaders said this when he received Bode George, a chairmanship aspirant of the PDP, at his residence in Otuoke, Bayelsa state. “Whether I like it or not, I must take responsibility for the defeat because I led the party to the election,” the media team of George quoted Jonathan as saying. “My priority now is how to ensure that the Peoples Democratic Party regains the presidency in 2019.… The only thing that will make me sleep well is to ensure that the PDP comes back to power.” The former president said he was working with other stakeholders to ensure that the party was well organised to take back power.  Promising that the mistakes of the past would not be repeated, Jonathan advised the party to take steps to regain the confide...

BREAKING: MUGABE FINALLY RESIGNS

Wild jubilation broke out among MPs and on the streets of Zimbabwe when Mudenda told the House. The 93-year-old Mugabe president  resigned in a letter he submitted to parliament hours after his party and Zimbabwe’s ruling party, Zanu-PF, presented a motion to impeach him. Mugabe had been accused of allowing his wife Grace, 52, hijack power and   being too old to rule. The Parliament’s leader said he was working on legal issues that would enable vice president, Emmerson ‘The Crocodile’ Mnangagwa, to take over within 48 hours. Mugabe’s sudden downfall lies in rivalry between members of Zimbabwe’s ruling elite over who will succeed him, rather than popular protests against his rule by the people. The army seized power after Mugabe sacked Mnangagwa, the ruling party’s favourite to succeed him. The move was perceived as a path to the presidency for his wife, who is widely hated for her lavish lifestyle report says.

9Mobile data 1gig for #200 and 5gig for #1000 Special Ramadan offer

Yeh! People, 9mobile has just reviewed the Ramadan offer which gives subscribers 1GB worth of data for just N200. The offer is now rebranded and called  "special data" You get1GB for N200 and 5GB for N1000. The plan is mainly for those who prefer high volume of data at an affordable rate. Before now, this offer was made available for customers during the Ramadan period to celebrate and socialize by being online to update social media accounts as well as keep tabs of all that are happening during that period but now it's an official data plan usable anytime, any day. So this post is about how to activate this 9Mobile special offer and its validity period. The interesting thing about this special offer is the data can be used on any device including Blackberry, Android Windows mobile, Symbian, jarva, modem etc. It requires no VPN in other to work. It's totally official from 9Mobile (formerly known as Etisalat Nigeria) With as low as 200 Naira , you ge...

Mark Zuckerberg to Become World 3rd Richest Man

Facebook Inc. co-founder Mark Zuckerberg is poised to leapfrog Warren Buffett to become the world’s third-richest person. Zuckerberg, more than a half-century younger than the Berkshire Hathaway Inc. chairman, is now worth US$81.3 billion, gaining US$8.5 billion this year as Facebook shook off a data-privacy crisis that caused its stock to tumble 18 per cent. Its rebound from a closing low of US$152.22 on March 27 to a record US$201.45 at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday in New York narrowed the gap with Buffett to US$725 million, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The recovery in Facebook shares has rewarded other insiders as well, including Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg, who’s now worth US$1.8 billion, and Chief Technology Officer Michael Schroepfer, whose 0.05 per cent holding is valued at US$224 million. Zuckerberg, 34,  also trails Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest person with a US$143.6 billion fortune through Tuesday, and M...