Here are 15 of those questions that should guide you to make wise pre-marriage inquiries
1. Do you still have feelings for an ex?
2. What’s your love language? Do you even believe in love languages?
3. How do you handle stress, pressure?
4. What’s your take on feminism generally? What do you think of gender roles in marriages?
5. What do you think of money’s role in a marriage?
6. Is the idea of a joint account repulsive to you?
7. Do you think there’s a limit one should stop at when it comes to religious beliefs and followership, or do you just follow all the way?
8. How many kids do you want? Do you like big extended families or the small, intimate circle of most important family members.
9. When we fight, how do you think we should settle them? Are you confrontational? Do you scream and shout and/or have long periods of silence afterward?
10. How are you when you are angry?
11. Who do you listen to even at your angriest? Who and who do you consider as your personal support system?
12. Have you ever been in an abusive relationship – whether emotional or physical?
13. Who is your role model on marital things? Whose marriage do you hope to emulate? Or do you just believe in forging your own path in a marriage as you go?
14. If you’d rate your sex drive on a scale of 1-10, what would it be?
15. How was your parents’ marriage? Do you wish to have a marriage like theirs?